Your Life Matters and has Purpose
Have you ever felt as though you don’t matter and you don’t really have a purpose in this life? I know I have. I have asked questions like ‘Why am I here?’, ‘Would it really matter if I was never born?’
We all have a purpose and destiny; one that is unique. No matter what age you are, it is never too late to discover your purpose and to walk in your destiny.
Have you ever felt as though you don’t matter and you don’t really have a purpose in this life?
It wasn’t all that long ago that I started Remarkable You. I had gone through my life in my husband’s shadow. Why did I need to have a vision or a purpose…heck, he has enough vision for 20 people it seemed! I found I have something to offer that no one else can. So do you.
I’ve had to fight through the ‘now’ and look to the future and dream. Sure you may fail. I’ve had to learn that failing is a part of growing. You get back up and try again. Very few people get it right the first time.
I always remind myself, we are not defined by our past or our failures; our past does not dictate our future.
I realized that when I would meet with women and help them walk through everyday life struggles, I would walk away being fulfilled. Did I have all the answers? Absolutely not, or especially not right away. The answers would either come later (sometimes days later) or I would go to someone reliable that I knew that would help me find that information. I could have given up during those times and think ‘I can’t help these women’ or think that I was inferior or insignificant.
I didn’t give up. I fought through those thoughts that kept coming at me. Believing in myself. If I help one woman, it’s worth it. Her life is worth it. But also, being real and sharing my failures, and then using my failures as stepping stones.
Focus on positive results. Make a list of your wins. Our tendency is to focus on the failures. Shift your mindset and look at the failures as feedback.
I had young adult women tell me they liked meeting with me because I was ‘real’. It’s always a relief to hear others having trouble, that their life isn’t all together. Don’t get me wrong, I would never wish ill-will on anyone, but it is a relief knowing none of us are alone or going through something that no one else has ever dealt with.
Your life does matter:
• The world would be different if you were not born (watch the movie ‘It’s a Wonderful Life’).
• You have a contribution to make to the world, even if you’re not sure what it is.
• The small things you do have a bigger positive effect than you know.
• Kind words you have said made somebody’s day.
• You do not know the future. You may save someone’s life one day. Maybe you already have saved someone’s life without even knowing it.
• You would be missed by others if you weren’t around, even if you don’t think so.
• There are things you’ve learned that you need to teach others.
• Everyone’s purpose is unique. Someone else may be able to offer something similar, however, not the way you can.
• No one else can think exactly the way you think.
• Your life situations you have gone though can help others.
• Your purpose can be large or small. But no matter how small it is not insignificant. You don’t have to win the Nobel Prize to be significant.